Posted to users@felix.apache.org by GERODOLLE Anne RD-MAPS-GRE <an...@orange-ftgroup.com> on 2007/08/17 12:01:28 UTC

RE: maven bundle plugin repository

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to create a bundle, using the 1.0.0 versions of the felix artifacts, namely the maven-bundle-plugin.

To that purpose, I followed the instructions on the felix Web site, except I suppressed the "repositories" part that points toward the incubator repositiry (because maven-bundle-plugin is found on the central repository).

And when I type "mvn install" I get
"cannot find lifecycle mapping for packaging:bundle"

Hereafter is my pom.xml file.
Thanks in advance for your help,

Anne

 <project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd">
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>com.francetelecom.osgi.test</groupId>
  <artifactId>mydemo</artifactId>
  <packaging>bundle</packaging>
  <version>0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <name>osgi bundle with activator archetype</name>

<dependencies>
 <dependency>
  <groupId>junit</groupId>
  <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
  <version>3.8.1</version>
  <scope>test</scope>
  </dependency>
 <dependency>
  <groupId>log4j</groupId>
  <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
  <version>1.2.13</version>
  <scope>compile</scope>
  </dependency>
 <dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
  <artifactId>org.osgi.core</artifactId>
  <version>1.0.0</version>
  </dependency>
</dependencies>
 <build>
 <plugins>
<plugin>
 <configuration>
  <source>1.5</source>
  <target>1.5</target>
  </configuration>
  </plugin>
 <plugin>
  <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
  <version>1.0.0</version>
 <configuration>
 <instructions>
  <Bundle-Activator>com.francetelecom.osgi.test.MyActivator</Bundle-Activator>
  <Bundle-Vendor>France Telecom Research and Developement</Bundle-Vendor>
  <Bundle-Copyright>France Telecom</Bundle-Copyright>
  <Bundle-Classpath>.</Bundle-Classpath>
  </instructions>
  </configuration>
  </plugin>
  </plugins>
  </build>
</project>

Posted by GERODOLLE Anne RD-MAPS-GRE <an...@orange-ftgroup.com>.
Thanks very much Stuart for the quick answer !
Anne

> I'm trying to create a bundle, using the 1.0.0 versions of the felix
> artifacts, namely the maven-bundle-plugin.
>
> To that purpose, I followed the instructions on the felix Web site,
> except I suppressed the "repositories" part that points toward the
> incubator repositiry (because maven-bundle-plugin is found on the central repository).
>
> And when I type "mvn install" I get
> "cannot find lifecycle mapping for packaging:bundle"
>
> Hereafter is my pom.xml file.
> Thanks in advance for your help,
>
> Anne
>
> <project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="
> http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0
> http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd
> ">
>   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
>   <groupId>com.francetelecom.osgi.test</groupId>
>   <artifactId>mydemo</artifactId>
>   <packaging>bundle</packaging>
>   <version>0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
>   <name>osgi bundle with activator archetype</name>
>
> <dependencies>
> <dependency>
>   <groupId>junit</groupId>
>   <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
>   <version>3.8.1</version>
>   <scope>test</scope>
>   </dependency>
> <dependency>
>   <groupId>log4j</groupId>
>   <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
>   <version>1.2.13</version>
>   <scope>compile</scope>
>   </dependency>
> <dependency>
>   <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
>   <artifactId>org.osgi.core</artifactId>
>   <version>1.0.0</version>
>   </dependency>
> </dependencies>
> <build>
> <plugins>
> <plugin>
>   <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>   <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
> <configuration>
>   <source>1.5</source>
>   <target>1.5</target>
>   </configuration>
>   </plugin>
> <plugin>
>   <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
>   <artifactId>maven-bundle-plugin</artifactId>

Hi Anne, you need to add:

     <extensions>true</extensions>

here so maven knows to use the extended lifecycle from the bundle-plugin

  <version>1.0.0</version>
> <configuration>
> <instructions>
>   <Bundle-Activator>com.francetelecom.osgi.test.MyActivator
> </Bundle-Activator>
>   <Bundle-Vendor>France Telecom Research and Developement</Bundle-Vendor>
>   <Bundle-Copyright>France Telecom</Bundle-Copyright>
>   <Bundle-Classpath>.</Bundle-Classpath>
>   </instructions>
>   </configuration>
>   </plugin>
>   </plugins>
>   </build>
> </project>

Cheers, Stuart

Re: maven bundle plugin repository

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
The framework JAR file is not the entire set of OSGi core classes, I
believe, only the org.osgi.framework and the framework-related services
along with the service tracker.

If you just want access to the above packages, then using framework
should be fine. If you want access to anything else, then you should
use the core or compendium JARs directly.

-> richard

Posted by "Craig L. Ching" <cc...@mqsoftware.com>.
Hi Anne,

>From my experience, I would suggest you use org.osgi:osgi_R4_core.  I've had some weird problems when I include the felix osgi compendium artifact, I don't recall if core had the same problem, I don't believe it did, but I've not had any problems with the non-felix bundles.  I'm sorry I don't have more details, it's one of the many things I've been meaning to look deeper into but haven't had the time recently ;-)  IIRC, what was happening was that the maven-bundle-plugin wasn't able to resolve some dependencies that it should have been able to when I used the felix compendium.  Changing to the non-felix bundles resolve the problem.

Cheers,
Craig

Cheers, Stuart

Re: maven bundle plugin repository

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.
wrote:

> [...]
>   <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>   <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
> <configuration>
>   <source>1.5</source>
>   <target>1.5</target>
>   </configuration>
>   </plugin>
> <plugin>
>   <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
>   <artifactId>maven-bundle-plugin</artifactId>

Hi Anne, you need to add:

     <extensions>true</extensions>

here so maven knows to use the extended lifecycle from the bundle-plugin

  <version>1.0.0</version>
> <configuration>
> <instructions>
>   <Bundle-Activator>com.francetelecom.osgi.test.MyActivator
> </Bundle-Activator>
>   <Bundle-Vendor>France Telecom Research and Developement</Bundle-Vendor>
>   <Bundle-Copyright>France Telecom</Bundle-Copyright>

Cheers, Stuart