Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Maxim Potekhin <po...@bnl.gov> on 2011/11/17 18:20:54 UTC

A Cassandra CLI question: null vs 0 rows

Hello everyone,

I run a query on a secondary index. For some queries, I get 0 rows
returned. In other cases,
I just get a string that reads "null".

What's going on?

TIA

Maxim

Re: A Cassandra CLI question: null vs 0 rows

Posted by Sylvain Lebresne <sy...@datastax.com>.
Could you look at the cassandra log? This is probably due to an
error on the server side.

Posted by Maxim Potekhin <po...@bnl.gov>.

Varying number of rows coming from same query on same database

Posted by Maxim Potekhin <po...@bnl.gov>.
Hello,

I'm running the same query repeatedly. It's a secondary index query,
done from a Pycassa client. I see that when I iterate the "result" object,
I get slightly different number of entries when running the test serially.
There is no deletions in the database, and no writes, it's static for now.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Posted by Maxim Potekhin <po...@bnl.gov>.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.

--