Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vinícius Paiva <vi...@yahoo.com.br> on 2007/04/28 16:59:53 UTC

Issues concerning Tomcat clustering

Hi,

    In the tomcat clustering documentation it's not even mentioned the problems concerning applications with the usage of critical sessions/semaphores (concurrency) and in-memory caching of data.
    Has anybody any suggestion of reading about how to deal with this?

  Thanks in advance,

Vinícius Matos Paiva
Engenheiro de Controle e Automação - Control and Automation Engineer

    Cel.: (31)9779-1784
Fale com seus amigos  de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/

Re: Issues concerning Tomcat clustering

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
Vinícius Paiva wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     In the tomcat clustering documentation it's not even mentioned the problems concerning applications with the usage of critical sessions/semaphores (concurrency) and in-memory caching of data.
>     Has anybody any suggestion of reading about how to deal with this?

As long as you have sticky session, you don't need to worry about this.
Tomcat Clustering doesn't implement distributed locking, hence if you
have multiple threads from the same client connecting to several
different servers, you might run into problems. But I'm not yet familiar
with a setup like that, or where a setup like that would be desired.

Filip