Posted to users@jena.apache.org by "Dr. Chavdar Ivanov" <ch...@outlook.de> on 2019/10/29 09:05:30 UTC

java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Illegal char <:> at index 4: file:location-mapping.rdf

Hi

I am trying to import rdf schema file (RDF/XML) but when I use this code below I am getting the a lots of messages and I see this
java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Illegal char <:> at index 4: file:location-mapping.rdf

I wonder if I need some specific setup or do I need to create location-mapping.rdf?

FileChooser filechooser = new FileChooser();
filechooser.getExtensionFilters().addAll(new FileChooser.ExtensionFilter("RDF files", "*.rdf"));
File selectedFile = filechooser.showOpenDialog(null);
if (selectedFile != null) {
    System.out.println(selectedFile);
    Model model = FileManager.get().loadModel(selectedFile.toString());

In general what I would like to achieve is to be able to read rdf schema file and also at later stage to read rdf xml instance data based on the schema.
I tried to use RDFDataMgr and RDFParser to do the read, but I am kind of hitting to the same “java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Illegal char <:> at index 4: file:location-mapping.rdf” which leads me to think that I am missing something from the basic setup. I was looking at a lot of examples, but somehow could not get oriented so far.

Regards
Chavdar

Re: java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Illegal char <:> at index 4: file:location-mapping.rdf

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Recorded in JIRA:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JENA-1775

On 29/10/2019 10:51, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> file:location-mapping.rdf is a Jena system file.
>

> It's also an area of the code that has not changed for quite some time.
>
> I notice this is running Java13 on Windows.
>
> The project does run the core test suite on Java13 although on Linux.
>
> I would not be surprised if the rules for naming are tighten up in
> Java13. The error is from the Windows specific JRE code.
>
>  From looking at the code:
>
> Setting the default places to look for the lcoation mapping file is
> controlled by system property "DLocationMap" (or
> "http://jena.hpl.hp.com/2004/08/LocationMap").
>
> This might work: setting the java system property to the empty string.
>
>   -DLocationMap=
>
> (or anything legal and not existing).
>
> sorry - I'm not in a position to recreate the setup just at the moment
> ... no Windows machine setup.
>
> If it works, please let us know.
>
>      Andy
>

> On 29/10/2019 10:07, Dr. Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
>> I attached it in a text file

>>> model = ModelFactory.createDefaultModel(); RDFDataMgr.read(model, new

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

On 29/10/2019 10:51, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> file:location-mapping.rdf is a Jena system file.
>

> It's also an area of the code that has not changed for quite some time.
>
> I notice this is running Java13 on Windows.
>
> The project does run the core test suite on Java13 although on Linux.
>
> I would not be surprised if the rules for naming are tighten up in
> Java13. The error is from the Windows specific JRE code.
>
>  From looking at the code:
>
> Setting the default places to look for the lcoation mapping file is
> controlled by system property "DLocationMap" (or
> "http://jena.hpl.hp.com/2004/08/LocationMap").
>
> This might work: setting the java system property to the empty string.
>
>   -DLocationMap=

Actually, seems to check for empty string and gives a warning (which you
ignore). Any string of letters will do:

-DLocationMap=nothing

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

On 31/10/2019 20:46, Dr. Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> Hello
>
> By some reason the workaround below does not work for
>   OntModel model1 = ModelFactory.createOntologyModel( OntModelSpec.RDFS_MEM_RDFS_INF);
>

> But works for
> Model model = ModelFactory.createDefaultModel();
>
> Do you know what the reason could be? I saw that the fix was done, but do you know when Maven will be updated?

Ontologies have an imports manager and most of the point of the location
mapper is for ontology imports. I guess the init code touched the
locationmapper in a way the plain model does not.

The project releases every 3 or 4 months.

You can build directly from the source (we operate a "green master" -
master builds all the time, unless the project decides on a temporary
exception, which it hasn't for as long as I can remember) or use a
nightly snapshot build (which is not a formal release).

https://jena.apache.org/download/maven.html

     Andy

> Caused by: java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Illegal char <:> at index 4: file:ont-policy.rdf
> 	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.normalize(WindowsPathParser.java:182)
> 	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.parse(WindowsPathParser.java:153)
> 	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.parse(WindowsPathParser.java:77)
> 	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsPath.parse(WindowsPath.java:92)
> 	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystem.getPath(WindowsFileSystem.java:229)
> 	at java.base/jdk.internal.module.Resources.toSafeFilePath(Resources.java:143)
> 	at java.base/jdk.internal.module.Resources.toFilePath(Resources.java:97)
> 	at java.base/jdk.internal.module.ModuleReferences$ExplodedModuleReader.find(ModuleReferences.java:382)
> 	at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader$2.run(BuiltinClassLoader.java:430)
> 	at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader$2.run(BuiltinClassLoader.java:425)
> 	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:554)
> 	at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.findMiscResource(BuiltinClassLoader.java:424)
> 	at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.findResource(BuiltinClassLoader.java:311)
> 	at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.getResource(ClassLoader.java:1400)
> 	at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.getResourceAsStream(ClassLoader.java:1736)
> 	at org.apache.jena.core@3.13.1/org.apache.jena.util.LocatorClassLoader.open(LocatorClassLoader.java:63)
> 	at org.apache.jena.core@3.13.1/org.apache.jena.util.FileManager.openNoMapOrNull(FileManager.java:523)

 From looking at the code:

Setting the default places to look for the lcoation mapping file is controlled by system property "DLocationMap" (or "http://jena.hpl.hp.com/2004/08/LocationMap").

This might work: setting the java system property to the empty string.

  -DLocationMap=

(or anything legal and not existing).

sorry - I'm not in a position to recreate the setup just at the moment ... no Windows machine setup.

If it works, please let us know.

     Andy

On 29/10/2019 10:07, Dr. Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> I attached it in a text file

 From looking at the code:

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
file:location-mapping.rdf is a Jena system file.

It's also an area of the code that has not changed for quite some time.

I notice this is running Java13 on Windows.

The project does run the core test suite on Java13 although on Linux.

I would not be surprised if the rules for naming are tighten up in
Java13. The error is from the Windows specific JRE code.

 From looking at the code:

Posted by "Dr. Chavdar Ivanov" <ch...@outlook.de>.
I attached it in a text file

Posted by Lorenz Buehmann <bu...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>.