Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Gaojinchao <ga...@huawei.com> on 2011/05/03 05:02:22 UTC

3744-addendum-for-TestAdmin.patch need apply to branch and trunk

Only run TestAdmin is success. But in my cluster run all test case, it always fails .
1.    I think it need apply 3744-addendum-for-TestAdmin.patc<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12477493/3744-addendum-for-TestAdmin.patch>h by Ted Yu.
The reason:
In version 0.90.2.  Region can assigned to Region server by this code
// 5. Trigger immediate assignment of the regions in round-robin fashion
   List<HServerInfo> servers = serverManager.getOnlineServersList();
   try {
     this.assignmentManager.assignUserRegions(Arrays.asList(newRegions), servers);    // It waits for 10 minites.
   } catch (InterruptedException ie) {
     LOG.error("Caught " + ie + " during round-robin assignment");
     throw new IOException(ie);
   }

But In version 0.90.3. Region can't assigned to region server. (HBASE-3744 introduced a change in how createTable() works by Ted Yu)

 // 5. Trigger immediate assignment of the regions in round-robin fashion
   List<HServerInfo> servers = serverManager.getOnlineServersList();
   this.assignmentManager.bulkAssignUserRegions(newRegions, servers, sync);        // It doesn't wait for.

So function verifyRoundRobinDistribution can't get address and throws exceptions
List<HRegionInfo> regs = server2Regions.get(server);

public int hashCode() {
   int result = address.hashCode();                                             // Region can't be assigned, So it seems like throw some exceptions.
   result ^= stringValue.hashCode();
   return result;
 }

Re: 3744-addendum-for-TestAdmin.patch need apply to branch and trunk

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
I applied the addendum.
St.Ack

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.