Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/15 10:04:45 UTC

Side bar and windows

Hi,

I think the text in this string should be corrected:

helpcontent2/source/text/simpress/01.po
03120000.xhp#par_id3154684.2.help.text

<ahelp hid="HID_SD_BTN_HANDOUT">Switches to the handout master page,
where you can scale several slides to fit on one printed page.</ahelp>
To modify the number of slides you can print on a page, open the
<emph>Layouts</emph> task pane and double-click a layout.

Switches to the handout master page, where you can scale several slides
to fit on one printed page.</ahelp> To modify the number of slides you
can print on a page, open the <emph>Layouts</emph> task pane or use the
<emph>Sidebar</emph> and double-click a layout.

There are certainly a lot more. Is there a list of these situations? I
can create one with the ones I find and then create an issue.
Regards,
Pedro.

Re: Side bar and windows

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Pedro Albuquerque wrote:
> I think the text in this string should be corrected:
>
> helpcontent2/source/text/simpress/01.po
> 03120000.xhp#par_id3154684.2.help.text
>
> <ahelp hid="HID_SD_BTN_HANDOUT">Switches to the handout master page,
> where you can scale several slides to fit on one printed page.</ahelp>
> To modify the number of slides you can print on a page, open the
> <emph>Layouts</emph> task pane and double-click a layout.
>
> Switches to the handout master page, where you can scale several slides
> to fit on one printed page.</ahelp> To modify the number of slides you
> can print on a page, open the <emph>Layouts</emph> task pane or use the
> <emph>Sidebar</emph> and double-click a layout.
>
> There are certainly a lot more. Is there a list of these situations? I
> can create one with the ones I find and then create an issue.

In this case it can stay since Impress' task panes are now part of the
Sidebar for Impress and are pretty much the same (for the user) as
version 3.x.

For other applications, yes we probably never tell users that the
Sidebar contains commands for Bold and Italic and so on... but I
wouldn't mention this explicitly, since the Sidebar is meant to be a
more convenient user interface and the users should find it natural to
use it. Mentioning every Sidebar command in the help would increase
redundancy a lot for no real benefit.

Regards,
   Andrea.