Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com> on 2005/11/27 00:17:29 UTC

Updates to the XMLDBSource

Hi all,

I have updated the XMLDBSource: it is now traversable (like file and
jcr) and has two additional methods: createId() to create a new unique
resource name in the current collection (this basically exposes the same
method of the xmldb API) and getBinaryOutputStream() to save binary data
in the database.

This works well with eXist (my target database), but I noticed that some
samples (that use Xindice) are broken even in the official 2.1.8. I
would be happy if some Xindice-guru could have a look at the errors...

Sylvain

Re: Updates to the XMLDBSource

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> I noticed that some
> samples (that use Xindice) are broken even in the official 2.1.8.

xpath query samples are broken due to incompatible change in the xalan api, as
you can see from:

08:35:49.035 WARN!! Error for
/samples/blocks/xmldb/db/cocoon/samples.xml?xpath=/samples/group
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.xpath.compiler.Compiler.<init>(Ljavax/xml/transform/ErrorListener;Ljavax/xml/tra
nsform/SourceLocator;)V
         at
org.apache.xindice.core.query.XPathQueryResolver$XPathQuery.<init>(XPathQueryResolver.java:163)

xindice trunk has a work around for this incompatiblity.

Vadim