Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Gary Taylor <sq...@SDF.ORG> on 2016/11/28 19:00:20 UTC

Ruby gem 'qpid_messaging'

I'm trying to install the Ruby gem 'qpid_messaging' version
1.35.0 from rubygems.org and it's failing (different
messages depending on how I try to get it working) during
the g++ compile.

Has anyone used/installed this gem recently?
https://rubygems.org/gems/qpid_messaging/versions/1.35.0

Where is the correct venue to ask questions on installation
and working of the gem?

Thanks,
Gary

--
squeaky@sdf.lonestar.org

Re: Ruby gem 'qpid_messaging'

Posted by Gary Taylor <sq...@SDF.ORG>.
On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 03:11:02PM -0500, Irina Boverman wrote:
> I built and installed it on fedora 23.
> I also installed swig, ruby-devel, make, cmake, gcc-c++.
Thanks alot Irina.
I was able to get this working on Fedora 23 as well.

I needed to install a few more packages.  For future
reference for others that might need the info, here is what
I installed:
swig
ruby-devel
make
cmake
gcc-c++
redhat-rpm-config
qpid-cpp-client
qpid-cpp-client-devel
qpid-cpp-client-devel

Gary

Re: Ruby gem 'qpid_messaging'

Posted by Irina Boverman <ib...@redhat.com>.
I built and installed it on fedora 23.
I also installed swig, ruby-devel, make, cmake, gcc-c++.
Regards, Irina.