Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by unni_varun <va...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/12 15:41:59 UTC

configuring sevicemix-jms to IBM MQ

Hi,

I'm facing some problems when jms xbean is configured to IBM MQ. following
is my xbean contents.

  <jms:endpoint service="iq:jms"
                endpoint="endpoint"
                role="provider"
                destinationStyle="queue"
                jmsProviderDestinationName="Q1.SQ"
                processorName="standard"
                connectionFactory="#connectionFactory"
	       />

  <bean id="connectionFactory"
class="com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnectionFactory">
    <property name="queueManager" value="SampleQM1" />
    <property name="transportType" value="1" />
    <property name="hostName" value="localhost" />
    <property name="port" value="1417" />
  </bean>

Is there something else i need to configure in it.

Thanks in anticipation
Varun

Re: configuring sevicemix-jms to IBM MQ

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Varun,

In order to be able to connect to a WebSphere MQ broker on System i (aka
AS/400), I had to create my own ConnectionFactory (extends
MQConnectionFactory) to be able to specify a user/password for the
connection, overriding the createConnection() method:

    public Connection createConnection() {
       return createConnection("USER", "PASSWORD");
    }

I'm not sure what was the exact exception that was being thrown (I think
MQJMS2013 invalid security authentication supplied for MQQueueManager,
but I'm not sure). Perhaps you have the same exception here?  If not,
can you specify the exact message ID and/or text?

Gert

Posted by unni_varun <va...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by unni_varun <va...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for replying.

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jms.multiplexing.MultiplexingProviderProcessor.process(MultiplexingProviderProcessor.java:150)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.AsyncBaseLifeCycle.doProcess(AsyncBaseLifeCycle.java:489)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.AsyncBaseLifeCycle.processExchange(AsyncBaseLifeCycle.java:441)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.BaseLifeCycle.onMessageExchange(BaseLifeCycle.java:46)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.messaging.DeliveryChannelImpl.processInBound(DeliveryChannelImpl.java:593)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.AbstractFlow.doRouting(AbstractFlow.java:174)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.seda.SedaFlow.doRouting(SedaFlow.java:176)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.seda.SedaQueue$1.run(SedaQueue.java:134)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:665)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:690)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

This is the stack trace.

Re: configuring sevicemix-jms to IBM MQ

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Varun,

Forwarding this mail to the user mailing list, as it isn't really
related to ServiceMix development...
Could you post the stacktrace for the exception you get?  It might
contain additional information.

Gert

Posted by Adrian Co <ac...@exist.com>.
Can you include the full stack trace?

Posted by unni_varun <va...@yahoo.com>.
I'm getting Null Pointer Exception in JMS SU.