Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> on 2006/07/19 18:33:30 UTC

SVN propset branch for tc6

Hi,

I have created a branch that shows the difference between
current trunk and the new one wit correctly set
svn:eol-style and svn:executable

For example the
java/org/apache/catalina/Context.java when checked
out on linux has DOS line endings with those ugly ^M.
The same file with svn:eol-style native from the
svn_props branch is perfect both on linux and windoze.

Any objections I apply that to the trunk?
Remy said -1, but I hope he changes his mind :)

In any case I'll delete the branch after 24 hrs.

Here is the script I used for that:
(name it to svnprops.bat)

@echo off
if "%OS%" == "Windows_NT" setlocal

if "%1" == "" (
set SCRIPT_NAME=%~f0
) else (
set SCRIPT_NAME=%~f1
)

for /D %%i in (*) do (
cd %%i
svn propset svn:eol-style native *.java
svn propset svn:eol-style native *.properties
svn propset svn:eol-style native *.xml
svn propset svn:eol-style native *.html
svn propset svn:eol-style native *.txt
svn propset svn:eol-style native *.java
svn propset svn:eol-style native *.sh
svn propset svn:eol-style native *.bat
svn propset svn:executable *.sh
svn propset svn:executable *.bat
svn propset svn:executable *.exe
svn propset svn:mime-type image/gif *.gif
svn propset svn:mime-type image/jpeg *.jpg

call %SCRIPT_NAME% %SCRIPT_NAME%
cd ..
)

Re: SVN propset branch for tc6

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Jul 20, 2006, at 3:35 PM, Mladen Turk wrote:

> Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> I'm assuming this the the reason for the slew of svn lock messages :)
>
> Right :(
> Any chance to suppress that in future?
> If someone else accidentally hits the svn lock
> on the trunk the same will happen again.

With SVN the need to actually lock files, especially the
whole tree, is pretty minimal. I've never done it, even
when doing wholesale propsets, indenting changes, etc...
(stuff that affects almost every file)

Re: SVN propset branch for tc6

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I'm assuming this the the reason for the slew of svn lock messages :)

Right :(
Any chance to suppress that in future?
If someone else accidentally hits the svn lock
on the trunk the same will happen again.

Regards,
Mladen.

Re: SVN propset branch for tc6

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Hi,
+1.  Why wouldn't we want native line endings?

Yoav

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.

Posted by Costin Manolache <co...@gmail.com>.