Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Terje utvikling <tr...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/11 21:13:03 UTC

EL and tomcat version

Hi. In order for me to be able to use the functions in EL, do i need to be
running on a tomcat 5.5?
And is that because tomcat 5.5 supports jsp 2.0, which again supports EL
functions, and tomcat 5.0 doesn't ?

Thanks

Re: EL and tomcat version

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
Aside from comments you already received indicating 5.0.x is no longer
supported, make sure your web.xml declares servlet spec 2.4.  That
enables jsp 2.0 EL expressons.

--David

RE: EL and tomcat version

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Terje utvikling [mailto:trjutvikling@gmail.com]
> Subject: EL and tomcat version
>
> And is that because tomcat 5.5 supports jsp 2.0, which again
> supports EL functions, and tomcat 5.0 doesn't ?

and its attachments from all computers.

RE: EL and tomcat version

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Terje utvikling [mailto:trjutvikling@gmail.com]
> Subject: EL and tomcat version

(Sorry for the flawed 1st attempt at replying.)

> And is that because tomcat 5.5 supports jsp 2.0, which again
> supports EL functions, and tomcat 5.0 doesn't ?

Tomcat 5.0 also implements JSP 2.0, but Tomcat 5.0 is no long supported.
You can use either Tomcat 5.5 or 6.0.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.