Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tony Chen <to...@hotmail.com> on 2000/09/19 23:21:45 UTC

how to run struts-test example

Hello:

I have install tomcat stand alone. then put struts-test.war in webapp dir,
also install xalan jar file. but i can not make struts-test working. Any
help? thank you very much!

BR!

--tony

http://profiles.msn.com.

Re: how to run struts-test example

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Tony Chen wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I have install tomcat stand alone. then put struts-test.war in webapp dir,
> also install xalan jar file. but i can not make struts-test working. Any
> help? thank you very much!

The "struts-test.war" application is primarily for developers working on
Struts itself to make sure they don't break anything as they are making
changes.  However, users can run it if they want by deploying the app (copy it
to "webapps" and restart Tomcat if that is what you are running), and then:

    http://localhost:8080/struts-test

The Struts example application (struts-example.war) is much more useful as an
illustration of how applications are developed on top of the framework.  It is
deployed and started in the same way.

If you're still having problems, it would be very helpful for you to include
log files or console output that is generated, so we can get an idea of what
is wrong.

> BR!
>
> --tony

Craig McClanahan