Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Patrice Bonhomme <pa...@lucid-it.com> on 2001/09/20 19:22:56 UTC

C2: Managing URL-encoded parameters / precisions

Hi there,

A very little precision concerning our need about request parameters,
cocoon2 and sitemap.

What we like to do is to use some top-level parameters within an XSL/XSLT
stylesheet and be able to set and pass values for those top-level parameters
through an URL So, how are handled request parameters within a sitemap ?

Lets consider this fake URL:
http://mywebsite.com/mydoc.html?bgcolor=000000

A XSLT stylesheet:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

  <xsl:param name="bgcolor">FFFFFF</xsl:param>

  <xsl:template match="/">
      [...]

The bgcolor value (000000) of the request should overwrite the default value
(FFFFFF) within the XSLT stylesheet while we ask to the server to deliver
the HTML page mydoc.html (generated from an XML document mydoc.xml and our
fake XSLT styleshhet).

Those kind of facilities were possible (and even very useful) with C1 but do
not seem to be possible with C2 and its new sitemap architecture ?

Thanks for any help.
Pat