Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Nell Gawor <ne...@hotmail.com> on 2005/10/20 15:49:20 UTC

Daytrader / Head [WAS: Daytrader / Geronimo M5]

Hi,

The README is out of date, even for head.  If you check out the latest from
head, here is what you need to do: (I'll send this same info to Matt, maybe
it can be the basis for updating the README).

cd into the daytrader directory which contains the README file, modules
directory, etc.

type 'maven' (assuming you've already installed maven)

This will create the EAR in modules/ear/target ->
daytrader-ear-1.0-SNAPSHOT.ear

Before installing the EAR, you need to create the tradedb database and its
tables.  You can use the derby/createDB.sh script for this.  It may need
some tweaks, and if you are on Windows it will need to be rewritten. (If you
look at the script you can also carry out all these actions via the
console).

After the db has been created, go back to the daytrader directory and the
following command(s) (adjust for unix-based platforms):

set GERONIMO_HOME=C:\geronimo

${GERONIMO_HOME}\bin\deploy.bat
modules\ear\target\daytrader-ear-1.0-SNAPSHOT.ear dayTrader-plan.xml

This should deploy the application. When it starts, you may see some errors
about that certain things cannot be looked up, and TradeDirect will not work
but you can ignore those.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks,
Nell