Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu> on 2002/04/28 23:55:46 UTC

Turn off chunk-encoding

I have a problem with my Apache Server (v2.0.28) regarding cgi-scripts. It's
hard to explain, but when a (large) cgi-page (perl) loads, the browser keep
re-formating the document, and sometimes the data is corrupt. When executing
the same script on IIS or possibly on another Apache server (at least, I've
never experienced it on _any_ server before), it works fine.

To examine what was the cause, I did a raw-tcp for the cgi-page on my server
and an IIS server, and noticed that my (Apache) server had
'Transer-Encoding: chunked' in the header fields, while the other did not. I
found that my server only 'chunk' the response on cgi output, and not on
ordinary pages. When I look at the entity-body of a (large) cgi-response,
much data, possibly in-between the chunks, consisted of thrash.

Whatever the cause, my question is: what can I do, so Apache won't
chunk-encode the output of a cgi-script?

Very thankful for any help,

Robert Andersson
robert@profundis.nu

Re: Turn off chunk-encoding

Posted by "Technicien Kalyweb.com" <te...@kalyweb.com>.
To enfore normal answer, put your request in HTTP/1.0 or use downgrade-1.0
or something like that (Search for BrowserMatch in httpd.conf)