Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Michael Davey <Mi...@coderage.org> on 2004/06/10 09:59:16 UTC

Re: Need help with : pydoc & pychecker

Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

>>PYDOC:

[snip suggestion for pydoc server on Apache]

>Any thoughts on this? Is it overkill?

No, it is not overkill.

>Ought we just expect developers to do
>the above?

Nope.  That would be like expecting developers to run "ant javadoc" for
themselves rather than pointing them to a website hosting the javadoc.
It is just a good form of communication - provide documentation up front
for all to see.  Perhaps another proxypass config from gump.apache.org?

--
Michael

Re: Need help with : pydoc & pychecker

Posted by Michael Davey <Mi...@coderage.org>.
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

>Would you mind submitting this request to JIRA?

logged as GUMP-63:

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GUMP-63

--
Michael

Re: Need help with : pydoc & pychecker

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> >Ought we just expect developers to do
> >the above?
> >
> Nope.  That would be like expecting developers to run "ant javadoc" for
> themselves rather than pointing them to a website hosting the javadoc.
> It is just a good form of communication - provide documentation up front
> for all to see.  Perhaps another proxypass config from gump.apache.org?

Would you mind submitting this request to JIRA? Then folks like
Leo/Scott/others could consider it. What would be cool would be to automate
checking out the Gump code into the place where pydoc looks, so we are
always fresh.

BTW: I don't know the security concerns associated with pydoc...

regards

Adam