Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Ryan Ernst <ry...@iernst.net> on 2014/08/23 02:08:36 UTC

[VOTE] 4.10.0 RC0

Please vote for the first release candidate for Lucene/Solr 4.10.0.

The artifacts can be downloaded here:
http://people.apache.org/~rjernst/staging_area/lucene-solr-4.10.0-RC0-rev1619858

Or you can run the smoker tester directly with this command line
(assuming you have JAVA7_HOME set):
python3.2 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py
http://people.apache.org/~rjernst/staging_area/lucene-solr-4.10.0-RC0-rev1619858
1619858 4.10.0 /tmp/smoke_test_4_10

Please note, the RC number is starting at 0 because I used the sample
command line in buildAndPushRelease.py.  If there is another release,
I will jump to RC2 to avoid confusion (thus it would be the "second"
RC).  I also plan to open an issue to clean up some things about
buildAndPushRelease.py help (or lack there of).

> SUCCESS! [0:35:20.208893]
Here is my +1

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: [VOTE] 4.10.0 RC0

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
+1

SUCCESS! [0:26:19.310511]

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: [VOTE] 4.10.0 RC0

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1

SUCCESS! [1:20:22.712616]

On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 12:29 PM, Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> SUCCESS! [0:54:10.259684]
>
> Steve
>
> On Aug 22, 2014, at 8:08 PM, Ryan Ernst <ry...@iernst.net> wrote:
>
> > Please vote for the first release candidate for Lucene/Solr 4.10.0.
> >
> > The artifacts can be downloaded here:
> >
> http://people.apache.org/~rjernst/staging_area/lucene-solr-4.10.0-RC0-rev1619858
> >
> > Or you can run the smoker tester directly with this command line
> > (assuming you have JAVA7_HOME set):
> > python3.2 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py
> >
> http://people.apache.org/~rjernst/staging_area/lucene-solr-4.10.0-RC0-rev1619858
> > 1619858 4.10.0 /tmp/smoke_test_4_10
> >
> > Please note, the RC number is starting at 0 because I used the sample
> > command line in buildAndPushRelease.py.  If there is another release,
> > I will jump to RC2 to avoid confusion (thus it would be the "second"
> > RC).  I also plan to open an issue to clean up some things about
> > buildAndPushRelease.py help (or lack there of).
> >
> >> SUCCESS! [0:35:20.208893]
> > Here is my +1
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ryan

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: [VOTE] 4.10.0 RC0

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1

RE: [VOTE] 4.10.0 RC0

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi Simon,

I think it is because its a deprecated Tokenizer and the tests are only using the newer one?

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@gmail.com>.

RE: [VOTE] 4.10.0 RC0

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Why was this not detected by a test?

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

Unfortunately I just found Lucene43NGramTokenizer was broken by my Version cleanup from analysis constructors. It must be final. I'll fix this and add a test in the morning. Hopefully will have a new RC by tomorrow evening.

On Friday, August 22, 2014, Ryan Ernst <ry...@iernst.net> wrote:

Please vote for the first release candidate for Lucene/Solr 4.10.0.

The artifacts can be downloaded here:
http://people.apache.org/~rjernst/staging_area/lucene-solr-4.10.0-RC0-rev1619858

Or you can run the smoker tester directly with this command line
(assuming you have JAVA7_HOME set):
python3.2 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py
http://people.apache.org/~rjernst/staging_area/lucene-solr-4.10.0-RC0-rev1619858
1619858 4.10.0 /tmp/smoke_test_4_10

Please note, the RC number is starting at 0 because I used the sample
command line in buildAndPushRelease.py.  If there is another release,
I will jump to RC2 to avoid confusion (thus it would be the "second"
RC).  I also plan to open an issue to clean up some things about
buildAndPushRelease.py help (or lack there of).

> SUCCESS! [0:35:20.208893]
Here is my +1

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: [VOTE] 4.10.0 RC0

Posted by Ryan Ernst <ry...@iernst.net>.

Re: [VOTE] 4.10.0 RC0

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

SUCCESS! [0:55:36.709648]

- Mark

http://about.me/markrmiller

Re: [VOTE] 4.10.0 RC0

Posted by Tomás Fernández Löbbe <to...@gmail.com>.
+1

SUCCESS! [0:57:03.919594]

RE: [VOTE] 4.10.0 RC0

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi,

Re: [VOTE] 4.10.0 RC0

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
+1

SUCCESS! [0:48:56.516899]

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 11:49 AM, Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> Hi Ryan,
>
> will you add the RELEASE_NOTES templates pages to the Lucene and Solr wiki? I would like to add the important note that security issues with Apache POI in Solr's contrib/extraction are resolved with this release. I already checked the artifacts manually that they really fix the Solr security issues with contrib/extraction, I also checked NOTICE.txt (and committed some changed to trunk/4.x). Now I am waiting for the smoker to finish!
>
> Uwe
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
> http://www.thetaphi.de

Adrien

RE: [VOTE] 4.10.0 RC0

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi Ryan,

Re: [VOTE] 4.10.0 RC0

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
No problem. The issue was actually breaking with existing tests, with a
specific random seed. Which passed after the fix. A new test could also be
added to test for this though. So I see your point.

Joel Bernstein
Search Engineer at Heliosearch

Re: [VOTE] 4.10.0 RC0

Posted by Ryan Ernst <ry...@iernst.net>.