Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Bryan Byerly <by...@cisco.com> on 2000/01/21 18:29:05 UTC

What's easiest way to get mm to link with apache2.0 library?

Hi guys,

I'm working on some transaction stateful code based on the apache2.0
server.  I'd like to make use of the mm libraries to maintain the
transaction
state.  However, I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to
build/link them
via the initial Apache Makefile.

Would you please recommend the easiest way to:
a) Link in the mm library so it can actually be used by libshmem.a
b) Get the mm to re-configure and make itself automatically
     (i.e. Apache configure triggers mm configure   and
             Apache make triggers mm make)

Thanks for your help!

Bryan

Bryan J. Byerly
byerly@cisco.com
(919) 392-7091

Re: What's easiest way to get mm to link with apache2.0 library?

Posted by Bryan Byerly <by...@cisco.com>.
I've been working some on putting the mm library into APR.  I'll admit my current
path isn't
the prettiest but it should be at least functional (on linux).

I've embedded the libmm.a into the libshmem.a. (by changing
lib/apr/shmem/unix/Makefile.in).

I'm working on getting the configure script to call another script (configure_mm)
which in turn calls mm's configure --prefix=$(SRCDIR)/lib/apr/shmem/unix/lib
make, make test, make install

I'm currently running into problems when trying to use the mm_permission()
as it appears ap_user_id is no around (waiting on some suexec changes?).

If you have suggestions (especially w/r/t ap_user_id), I'd be glad to listen.

Thanks!

Bryan

P.S. (BTW, it appears we're local).

Bryan J. Byerly