Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/30 22:05:49 UTC

collection distribution on Windows

I don't use Windows myself, but I just read that there is a
CreateHardLink() function in the windows api, so it might be possible
to implement the same collection distirbution scheme on windows.

-MIke

Re: collection distribution on Windows

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On 10/30/07, Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't use Windows myself, but I just read that there is a
> CreateHardLink() function in the windows api, so it might be possible
> to implement the same collection distirbution scheme on windows.

cygwin can even make hard links via "ln"
The current method can't work as-is though since you can't move or
delete *any* of the links to an open file (think moving a new snapshot
into place).
A slightly alternate strategy that used a symbolic link (or a shortcut
on windows) to identify the  index directory might work.

-Yonik