Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jon Christiansen <jc...@rochester.rr.com> on 2000/01/29 04:35:21 UTC

contentType tag not being honored on JSP - Tomcat 3.0

Hello, I've been banging my head against this one for a little bit, I'd appreciate any pointers for help.

I've placed this directive at the top of my JSP page:

<%@ page language="java" import="java.sql.*" contentType="application/vnd.ms-excel" %>

    and also tried

<%@ page language="java" import="java.sql.*" contentType="text/plain" %>

But no matter if I access the page through Apache or directly through 8080 on Tomcat, the Content-Type flag of the resulting page is  text/html.  (a GREAT GUI tool to see what your http headers are and preview your HTML before it reaches your browser is Muffin- available free at http://muffin.doit.org, written in Java)

I looked at the generated Servlet, and it does correctly have the text/plain content-type in there.

Is this a known bug in Tomcat?  How do I find out if it is, and when it will be fixed.
Does anyone have a workaround that they know of to get my page generated with the correct content-Type sent to the browser?

    Thanks,
        Jon