Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Collin VanDyck <co...@hannonhill.com> on 2003/06/10 21:28:57 UTC

Unable to get 'Cocoon-Libs' attribute from the Manifest

I'm running Cocoon 2.0.4 on JDK1.4. I have an EAR application that includes two WARs.  In each of my WARs I include the WEB-INF/lib jars and the WEB-INF/Manifest.mf, amongst others.  When I deploy as a flattened or exploded application, everything works perfectly.

However, when I try and deploy the WARs and the EAR as a single file, I get an error.log entry:

FATAL_E (2003-06-10) 15:22.10:218   [access] (Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/CocoonServlet: Unable to get 'Cocoon-Libs' attribute from the Manifest

Now, there is a WEB-INF/Manifest.mf that mirrors that in the cocoon.war exactly.  I don't understand why then I am getting that error, although I would like to :).

I use ant to create the EAR and WARs (note: the WARs are contained within the EAR, don't know if that matters to the problem at hand).  In creating the WAR, the ant task also creates a META-INF directory with a Manifest.mf file in it that is empty, except for some "Generated by Ant" text at the top.

I sifted through some of the archives, and it seems that the solution I saw was to make sure that the Cocoon Manifest.mf was included in my Manifest.mf.  I believe this is true, so it would be great if someone could point me in the right direction :)

thanks,
Collin