Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by er...@orange-ftgroup.com on 2007/07/24 18:15:44 UTC

hostname in lowercase ?

Hi all,

I wanted to know if hostname had to be in lowercase in the following directory $CATALINA_HOME/conf/[enginename]/[hostname]/  ?

On my test platform, hostname is LinuxG7R0C2. If I put a XML context  file in  $CATALINA_HOME/conf/[enginename]/[hostname]/, it does not work.

By "stracing" tomcat process, i get the following error :

[pid  5811] open("/sites/ESATEST1/catalina_home/ESATEST1_server_LinuxG7R0C2/conf/ESATEST1_server_LinuxG7R0C2/linuxg7r0c2", O_RDONLY|O_NONBLOCK|O_LARGEFILE|O_DIRECTORY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

If a create the symbolic link linuxg7r0c2 pointing to LinuxG7R0C2, it works fine.

Is it a bug or a configuration problem ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Éric SAVIDAN

RE: hostname in lowercase ?

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: eric.savidan@orange-ftgroup.com
> [mailto:eric.savidan@orange-ftgroup.com]
> Subject: hostname in lowercase ?
>
> I wanted to know if hostname had to be in lowercase in the
> following directory $CATALINA_HOME/conf/[enginename]/[hostname]/  ?

Yes, Tomcat converts all host names to lower case - see the setName()
method in:
    org/apache/catalina/core/StandardHost.java

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.