Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by steve poling <sd...@i2k.com> on 2010/03/04 01:03:26 UTC

Re: Reopen PDFBOX-483?

Hello again,

I got distracted by other work from this issue and I've returned to it
today. Here are the experiments I've performed:

1) view PDF with PdfReader (it renders correctly)
2) print PDF to HP LaserJet 4P (it renders with many lines and text omitted)
3) comment-out W/W* in PageDrawer.properties
4) restart PdfReader and repeat #1 and #2 (with same result)

I archived all my code changes and retrieved the latest sources from
svn. So, I should be running the latest and greatest code.

If you goto PDFBOX-490
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-490>, you'll find attached
file filled.pdf that manifests this error, but I've been seeing this
with a lot of different PDFs: display looks good, print looks bad. I can
attach another file to PDFBOX-483
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-483> if you'd like.

Can you point me to where I should look to see why text appears on
screen, but not on paper?

Thanks in advance,

steve

Re: Reopen PDFBOX-483?

Posted by Daniel Wilson <wi...@gmail.com>.
These are not in ascending difficulty ... but the files we currently test
for rendering are at trunk\src\test\resources\input\rendering

Daniel

Re: Reopen PDFBOX-483?

Posted by steve poling <sd...@i2k.com>.
Andreas,

Re: Reopen PDFBOX-483?

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi Andreas,

I can do a test on our Windows test server (Windows 2003, 32bit) and let you know the results around lunch time (german time) if that helps

Maruan Sahyoun

Re: Reopen PDFBOX-483?

Posted by steve poling <sd...@i2k.com>.
I said "Linux" but I was thinking "Unix." <grin>

we work in a field where nits can bite you in the butt.

RE: Reopen PDFBOX-483?

Posted by "Martinez, Mel - 1004 - MITLL" <m....@ll.mit.edu>.

Re: Reopen PDFBOX-483?

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Re: Reopen PDFBOX-483?

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi,

I did some initial "debugging" and it seems that the content of the form fields (date part) is being printed but the form template itself being held in Pages:Kids:Resources:XObject are not printed. Unfortunately as I'm currently in the stage of learning about the PDFBox code at that point in time I can't provide more help.

Kind regards

Maruan

Re: Reopen PDFBOX-483?

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Re: Reopen PDFBOX-483?

Posted by steve poling <sd...@i2k.com>.

Re: Reopen PDFBOX-483?

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Re: Reopen PDFBOX-483?

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

steve poling schrieb:
> Hello again,
>
> I got distracted by other work from this issue and I've returned to it
> today. Here are the experiments I've performed:
>
> 1) view PDF with PdfReader (it renders correctly)
> 2) print PDF to HP LaserJet 4P (it renders with many lines and text
> omitted)
> 3) comment-out W/W* in PageDrawer.properties
> 4) restart PdfReader and repeat #1 and #2 (with same result)
OK, so the clipping has nothing to do with that issue.