Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by josemanuel lopez <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2006/05/05 20:15:16 UTC

SSL enabled and trying to open the port 8443 wit h the browser and nothing happend

Hi

I enable SSL in Tomcat, creating a  key creaded with
keytool and I updated my server.xml removing the
comments on the port 8443 to enable it's access.

But when I call in my  browser  "localhost:8443"  the
browser receives a file and gives me option t save it
or open it with ...???

But any Secure Session is created...

Any one can help me..

I'm using:  Tomcat 5.5.17 and jdk 1.5 the same
happends with all browsers...

Re: SSL enabled and trying to open the port 8443 wit h the browser and nothing happend

Posted by Franck Borel <bo...@ub.uni-freiburg.de>.
Please take a look at your log file:
/opt/tomcat/logs/catalina.out
or
C:\tomcat\logs\catalina.out

This is the first thing to do, if you have problems.

-- Franck

Posted by Gaël Lams <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> I enable SSL in Tomcat, creating a  key creaded with
> keytool and I updated my server.xml removing the
> comments on the port 8443 to enable it's access.
>
> But when I call in my  browser  "localhost:8443"  the
> browser receives a file and gives me option t save it
> or open it with ...???

Did you verify that Tomcat is listening to port 8443

And, well, as some else said, you should use https, not http (that was
the mistake I made the first I setup it :-)

Regards,

Gaël

Re: SSL enabled and trying to open the port 8443 wit h the browser and nothing happend

Posted by Jack <ja...@gmail.com>.
Are you connecting to the Tomcat host using:
   https://localhost:8443

Not just http://localhost:8443

On 05/05/06, josemanuel lopez <jo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I enable SSL in Tomcat, creating a  key creaded with
> keytool and I updated my server.xml removing the
> comments on the port 8443 to enable it's access.
>
> But when I call in my  browser  "localhost:8443"  the
> browser receives a file and gives me option t save it
> or open it with ...???
>
> But any Secure Session is created...
>
> Any one can help me..
>
> I'm using:  Tomcat 5.5.17 and jdk 1.5 the same
> happends with all browsers...

Cheers
Jack...

The claim "natural" is not synonymous with safe.