Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Dave Vronay <Da...@microsoft.com> on 2011/11/16 20:47:33 UTC

DOCTYPE missing

I noticed that all of the jsp pages in the \webapps tree do not emit a DOCTYPE declaration.  This causes the pages to render incorrectly in some browsers.  For instance, IE9 will not by default render the SVG on the jobtracker page.

The fix should be trivial, affecting those 30 or so files.   We can add the general HTML 5 tag or a more specific one to each page, including just what that page needs to render.

Should I create a JIRA issue for this?

-          davevr

Re: DOCTYPE missing

Posted by "Aaron T. Myers" <at...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Dave,

Please do create a JIRA for it, and supply a patch to fix it, if you're up
for it.

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera