Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marcella MacDougall <ma...@cs.dal.ca> on 2002/09/17 21:34:07 UTC

new to this...

Hey all,

I am using Forte for Java along with Tomcat.  My problem is that when I
try to execute a servlet, I keep getting the same error message:

Apache Tomcat/4.0.1 - HTTP Status 503 - Servlet HelloServlet2 is currently
unavailable

type Status report

message Servlet HelloServlet2 is currently unavailable

description The requested service (Servlet HelloServlet2 is currently
unavailable) is not currently available.

Can anybody give me some words of wisdom?  I am pretty darn frustrated:(

Marcy

Re: new to this...

Posted by KEITH PEMBERTON <ga...@charter.net>.
I know that I have had this problem in the past.
What I had to do is to go to the Runtime tab down at the
bottom of the explorer menu. There is an option for
servers, but I can't remember right now what the exact
name is but it is not HTTP server.  Click through that
choice till you find the Tomcat server.  Down below in the
Properties menu there is a line that has parameter that
are like {tomcat-filesystem}.  click to edit that line and
after the {tomcat-filesystem} line put the following with
NO SPACES: {:}{filesystems}.  So your line should read:
{tomcat-filesystem}{:}{filesystems} .... (plus whatever
else is in the line).  Restart Forte and it should work.
 Hope this helps!!

Keith

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:34:07 -0300 (ADT)
  Marcella MacDougall <ma...@cs.dal.ca> wrote:

>Hey all,
>
>I am using Forte for Java along with Tomcat.  My problem
>is that when I
>try to execute a servlet, I keep getting the same error
>message:
>
>Apache Tomcat/4.0.1 - HTTP Status 503 - Servlet
>HelloServlet2 is currently
>unavailable

>type Status report
>
>message Servlet HelloServlet2 is currently unavailable
>
>description The requested service (Servlet HelloServlet2
>is currently
>unavailable) is not currently available.
>
>Can anybody give me some words of wisdom?  I am pretty
>darn frustrated:(
>
>Marcy
>

>--
>For additional commands, e-mail:
><ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

<TEXTAREA NAME="Signature" ROWS="4" COLS="60">