Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2009/01/13 20:15:58 UTC

DRAFT board report OpenJPA Oct-2008 to Dec-2008

Please review this draft report. The board meeting is next week. The
report is due on Friday.

Thanks,

Craig

2009-January Status Report for the Apache OpenJPA Project

Highlights

OpenJPA is busy implementing the latest JPA 2.0 JSR-317, which is in
Public Review Draft status. The implementation is being done in trunk in
"iterations" after discussion with the community. The first iteration
has been completed (not released) and can be evaluated via nightly
build.

Community

Mailing lists continue to be very active, with an average of almost 300
messages per month on the dev alias and approximately 400 messages per
month on the users alias.

OpenJPA continues to experience an increase in email subscriptions and
activity. There are 150 subscribers to dev and nearly 200 to users.

The community is working well together. Questions from the community
are answered promptly, often resulting in a JIRA being filed.

OpenJPA was awarded the coveted "Funnest Open Source Project" by
quibble.org. Thanks for reading this report. ;-)

Governance

The PMC has elected Jeremy Bauer to the PMC, and Jeremy has accepted.
The PMC continues to track contributors with an eye toward making them
committers, and committers PMC members.

Releases

No releases since 1.2, but a 1.3.x branch was created, anticipating
a release based on JPA 1.0 specification if it becomes necessary.

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: DRAFT board report OpenJPA Oct-2008 to Dec-2008

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Pinaki,

It's not too fine grained, probably not fine-grained enough. Can you
give me two sentences?

Craig

Posted by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Kevin,

You get the prize for finding the easter egg. ;-)

Craig

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.
Craig,