Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Sean Hamilton <se...@seanhamilton.co.uk> on 2013/08/19 12:39:59 UTC

Network domain option and duplicate instance names

Hi all,

I'm hoping that you could shed some light onto an issue I've been having.

I have two zones in one region both zones have the same "Network Domain"
setting of: zone1.local. I thought that this would be enough to stop
instances with the same name being created in both zones, but it doesn't
seem to be working.

Has anyone successfully used the Network Domain settings at the network or
zone level to prevent duplicate instance names?

Thanks,
Sean

Re: Network domain option and duplicate instance names

Posted by Sean Hamilton <se...@seanhamilton.co.uk>.
Thanks for the reply Geoff.
Could you clarify what the Network Domain setting should do at the domain,
zone and physical network level?
Could I set the Network Domain to .local at the domain level?

Cheers,
Sean

Posted by Geoff Higginbottom <ge...@shapeblue.com>.
Sean,

On 19 Aug 2013, at 06:40, "Sean Hamilton" <se...@seanhamilton.co.uk>> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm hoping that you could shed some light onto an issue I've been having.

I have two zones in one region both zones have the same "Network Domain"
setting of: zone1.local. I thought that this would be enough to stop
instances with the same name being created in both zones, but it doesn't
seem to be working.

Has anyone successfully used the Network Domain settings at the network or
zone level to prevent duplicate instance names?

Thanks,
Sean
This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.