Posted to dev@sqoop.apache.org by Chris Teoh <ch...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/23 13:04:46 UTC

SQOOP-1272 only supports partitioned datasets

Hi folks,

I added a comment to SQOOP-1272 as the title of the JIRA says sequential
datasets but the code makes references to partitioned datasets only.

Further to this, I had someone attempt to use it on a mainframe and
discover this. Can anyone else confirm this is the case?

If so, can I propose an improvement patch made for supporting sequential
datasets and possibly a separate patch for GDG formatted data sets?

It can also be rolled together into one patch.

I already have a patch for sequential datasets, it won't be too big a task
to extend it to include GDG support.

Kind Regards
Chris