Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Alberto Brosich <ab...@ogs.trieste.it> on 2013/03/13 15:54:11 UTC

Consume the same file

Hi,

I have to consume with the FTP component always the same file but only
when its size changes.
I read this in the documentation:

Camel 2.11: To use a custom idempotent key. By default the absolute path
of the file is used. You can use the File Language, for example to use
the file name and file size, you can do:

idempotentKey=${file:name}-${file:size}

Does it mean that I have to wait camel 2.11 to solve my problem?

Regards

Alberto

Re: Consume the same file

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Alberto Brosich
<ab...@ogs.trieste.it> wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-03-13 at 17:31 +0100, Claus Ibsen wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 3:54 PM, Alberto Brosich
>> <ab...@ogs.trieste.it> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have to consume with the FTP component always the same file but only when
>> > its size changes.
>> > I read this in the documentation:
>> >
>> > Camel 2.11: To use a custom idempotent key. By default the absolute path of
>> > the file is used. You can use the File Language, for example to use the file
>> > name and file size, you can do:
>> >
>> > idempotentKey=${file:name}-${file:size}
>> >
>> > Does it mean that I have to wait camel 2.11 to solve my problem?
>> >

>> No, you can implement your own idempotent repository where you can do
>> your own logic for determining if a message is a duplicate or not.
>>
>> But yeah this is much easier out of the box in Camel 2.11 with that
>> new idempotentKey option.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Any prevision about the release date of 2.11 (I mean weeks, months)?

We are fixing the last bugs / issues and will work on releasing it
soon, I guess within a couple of weeks.

--
Claus Ibsen

Re: Consume the same file