Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Paul Moreau <pa...@zutec.com> on 2017/03/24 10:21:12 UTC

Moonshine IDE vs FB 4.7

Hi folks,

After becoming sick of developing a mobile project using FB 4.7 ( constant
crashing , constant issues attaching to devices for debugging , stuck on
Java 6, no updates ) I was delighted to discover Moonshine IDE,
specifically targeted for Flex / AIR apps.

However, after setting it all up , whenever I try and debug even a new
mobile project with the default settings, it builds OK but just prints the
below to the console:

 (fdb)  <<<
: Launch Applcation
: Adobe (R) AIR (R) Debug Launcher (ADL)
: Version 23.0.0.257
: Copyright (c) 2008-2016 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All Rights Reserved.
: -profile already specified
: usage:
:   adl ( -runtime <runtime-dir> )? ( -pubid <pubid> )? -nodebug? (
-profile PROFILE )? ( -extdir <extensions-dir> )? ( -screensize SCREEN_SIZE
)? <app-desc> <root-dir>? ( -- ... )?
:   adl -help
: PROFILE                :
mobileDevice|extendedMobileDevice|desktop|extendedDesktop|tv|extendedTV
: SCREEN_SIZE            : ( <width>x<height>:<fullscreen
width>x<fullscreen height> )|PREDEFINED_SCREEN_SIZE
: PREDEFINED_SCREEN_SIZE :
iPhone|iPhoneRetina|iPhone5Retina|iPhone6|iPhone6Plus|iPod|iPodRetina|iPod5Retina|iPad|iPadRetina|Droid|NexusOne|SamsungGalaxyS|SamsungGalaxyTab|QVGA|WQVGA|FWQVGA|HVGA|WVGA|FWVGA|1080|720|480

Does anyone have any experience building and releasing enterprise level
apps with Moonshine? Or could anyone recommend a more robust IDE than
FlashBuilder for building AIR mobile apps ?

Thanks for your time.

--

*DISCLAIMER: This electronic message together with any attachments is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, do not copy, disclose

Re: Moonshine IDE vs FB 4.7

Posted by Paul Moreau <pa...@zutec.com>.
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Gonna give IntelliJ a shot.

Paul

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 11:54 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de

Re: Moonshine IDE vs FB 4.7

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Christian,

Re: Moonshine IDE vs FB 4.7

Posted by crikos <ch...@kostenzer.net>.
Hi Tom,
time is fast and more than one year is over ...., but may I ask you where I
can find that template for the generation of the VOs from Coldfusion Server
?

Kind regards

Re: Moonshine IDE vs FB 4.7

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
The VOs and services are all generated from a fairly simple template -
it's easy enough to make your own version in ColdFusion that will
connect to the DB, read the tables and columns, and generate them.

Tom

Re: Moonshine IDE vs FB 4.7

Posted by Christian Kostenzer <ch...@kostenzer.net>.
Hi,

Re: Moonshine IDE vs FB 4.7

Re: Moonshine IDE vs FB 4.7

Posted by sankar <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hei Angelo,

Thought to mention you.

We just updated some small changes to App Store Helper. Perhaps that would
solve your any further problem (?) Suggested to download the updated build
from here: https://goo.gl/qfJRwV.

Let us know how it goes for you now.

Thanks!

Re: Moonshine IDE vs FB 4.7

Posted by sankar <sa...@gmail.com>.
Paul Moreau wrote
> However, after setting it all up , whenever I try and debug even a new
> mobile project with the default settings, it builds OK but just prints the
> below to the console:

Hei Paul,

Thank you for reporting; and sorry for delaying in response.

We'd love to let you know that Moonshine 1.5.1 released recently
(http://bit.ly/2vnmhQF) and we have some fixes to the mobile simulator as
well.

For mobile development, Moonshine supports only one default Android
simulator to run an application, at this moment. We shall broaden the
customization options in coming days. Regarding debugging, if frankly
speaking, Moonshine holds a very basic debugging functionalities at this
moment. And that's why Josh came in!

Like he helped build-up intellisense to Moonshine, he's also working on
incorporating his NextGenActionScript (https://nextgenactionscript.com)
debugging functionalities to Moonshine. We are excited to see that in action
in Moonshine!

We're working, and we'd like to hear your suggestion, experience.

Thanks!