Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu> on 2002/06/11 07:43:13 UTC

which libtool?

Does somebody want to tell me which machine I should build the 2.0.37
tarball on so as to minimize the libtool-bustedness across platforms?

Stick with icarus even though it's running libtool 1.3.4?

--Cliff

Re: which libtool?

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu> writes:

> Does somebody want to tell me which machine I should build the 2.0.37
> tarball on so as to minimize the libtool-bustedness across platforms?
>
> Stick with icarus even though it's running libtool 1.3.4?

I would suggest that you stick with whatever 2.0.36 used...  No
version has perfect acceptance.  If you go with the same version, we
won't have to shuffle the list of platforms with special concerns
(e.g., "http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/patches/apply_to_2.0.36/").

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...

Re: which libtool?

Posted by Greg Ames <gr...@apache.org>.
Cliff Woolley wrote:

> Does somebody want to tell me which machine I should build the 2.0.37
> tarball on so as to minimize the libtool-bustedness across platforms?
>
> Stick with icarus even though it's running libtool 1.3.4?

If you s/icarus/daedalus/ , that's what I've done.  Darwin won't be happy; HPUX
will like it.

Gre