Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Borut BolĨina <bo...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/05 22:08:28 UTC

Rapid turnaround with Tapestry 5 blog post

Hi folks,

I made another post. This time with screencast to better demonstrate the
principle of live class reloading to newcomers.

Comments welcome at
http://bbwebcraft.blogspot.com/

Cheers,
Borut

Re: Rapid turnaround with Tapestry 5 blog post

Posted by Onno Scheffers <on...@piraya.nl>.
In IDEA8 they moved that feature to the Run-settings. Sadly they didn't
think it through enough.. I'm using the remote debugger to connect to Jetty
only when I need to debug, so I'm not starting Jetty from within IDEA... It
pretty much keeps running most of the day because of the live class
reloading feature in Tapestry.
In this setup I don't see any run-settings and therefore I cannot activate
'build on frame-deactiviation' anymore in IDEA8.

I reported this issue to Jetbrains and they should get to it soon'ish.
Because of this issue and one other annoying bug I'm still on IDEA 7 waiting
for those two issues to be resolved in IDEA8.

regards,

Onno Scheffers

Posted by Otho <ta...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Angelo,

Yes it works. I actually tested it again before answering because I was not
100% sure if the ctrl-shift-f9 still works with Iidea8.

Maybe the difference is in the creation of the project?

I use to create the basic structure via the maven archetype and then create
a new project in idea from "external model" and choose maven.

I don't remember exactly anymore but IIIRC there were many strange problems
when creating the project via mvn idea:idea with former versions. I think it
got the buildpaths wrong.

Regards,
Otho

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.