Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Brian Krusic <br...@krusic.com> on 2007/07/19 18:42:35 UTC

sync feature in 1.4.4

Hi All,

I was reading that when syncing repos, that the main repos is commit/
update but the repo syncing to the main repo (call backup repo) is
update only.

Is there a seamless method where a location can update from a the
backup repo but commit to the main repo w/o having to manually
relocate on the client side before hand?

We have a situation where our US office does many commits/updates all
day but our Euro office commits does less but updates more.

I would like it if the Euro office had the backup repo for quick
updates as commits aren't an issue.

The logic here is that there are much more commits from our US office
happening than the Euro office however the Euro office has many
updates to do.

This is a traffic balancing act of sorts.

Thanks in advance,

-Brian

Re: sync feature in 1.4.4

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.
Brian Krusic wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I was reading that when syncing repos, that the main repos is
> commit/update but the repo syncing to the main repo (call backup repo)
> is update only.
>
> Is there a seamless method where a location can update from a the backup
> repo but commit to the main repo w/o having to manually relocate on the
> client side before hand?
>
> We have a situation where our US office does many commits/updates all
> day but our Euro office commits does less but updates more.
>
> I would like it if the Euro office had the backup repo for quick updates
> as commits aren't an issue.
>
> The logic here is that there are much more commits from our US office
> happening than the Euro office however the Euro office has many updates
> to do.
>
> This is a traffic balancing act of sorts.

There's a product named WANdisco that does multi-master writes to distributed
Subversion repositories, so even if the link to Europe is down, they can still
commit.

Regards,
Blair

Re: sync feature in 1.4.4

Posted by Brian Krusic <br...@krusic.com>.
That sounds awsome.  Can't wait, thanks for the tip Johnathan.

-Brian

Re: sync feature in 1.4.4

Posted by Johnathan Gifford <jg...@wernervas.com>.
Brian,