Posted to user@whirr.apache.org by locojaydev <lo...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/14 01:27:31 UTC

ec2 / vpc / whirr

hi ,

is it possible to start a cluster from whirr on a ec2 virtual private
cloud (vpc)?

many thanks,

Jay

Re: ec2 / vpc / whirr

Posted by locojaydev <lo...@gmail.com>.
I am running VPC with a Private Subnet Only and connecting my local
machine via openvpn.
I usually just create the vpc cluster via boto and destroy afterwords.

I was looking into whirr as i need to run some mahout/hadoop jobs and it
seams ideal for the job.

Thanks for mentioning BYON : amazing...
I guess i will use boto to create a node-bson.yaml and i am good to go.

Adding support for jclouds runNodesInGroupwould be a nice feature...

Many Thanks,

Jay

Re: ec2 / vpc / whirr

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.