Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by J <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2005/02/14 13:51:41 UTC

Why the easiest to implement PageValidateListener?

Hello All,

I was implementing a PageValidateListener in the base
page of my app today, and came across this in the API
doc for the interface IPage.validate() method:

"...Since 3.0, it is easiest to not override this
method, but to implement the PageValidateListener
interface instead."

Q: does anybody know why it's easier to implement the
interface rather than override validate()?  It seems
to me to be just as easy to override validate... or is
there a reason why it's a better approach to do the
interface?

Cheers

Jason

Re: Why the easiest to implement PageValidateListener?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Consistency:  PageValidationListener works with pages and components.

At some point there will be a purge, in the code, of all the half
measures, such as validate().

A future release of Tapestry will do-away with base classes, but will
still keep the interfaces.

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 04:51:41 -0800 (PST), J <ja...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I was implementing a PageValidateListener in the base
> page of my app today, and came across this in the API
> doc for the interface IPage.validate() method:
>
> "...Since 3.0, it is easiest to not override this
> method, but to implement the PageValidateListener
> interface instead."
>
> Q: does anybody know why it's easier to implement the
> interface rather than override validate()?  It seems
> to me to be just as easy to override validate... or is
> there a reason why it's a better approach to do the
> interface?
>
> Cheers
>
> Jason

Howard M. Lewis Ship