Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Niv Mizrahi <ni...@taykey.com> on 2012/03/04 15:37:03 UTC

map-reduce on a none closed files

hi all,

 we are looking for a way, to map-reduce on a *non-closed files*.
 we currently able to run a
hadoop fs -cat <non-closed-file>

*non-closed files* - files that are currently been written, and have not
been closed yet.

is there any way to run map-reduce a on *non-closed files* ??

10x in advance for any answer
--
*Niv Mizrahi*
Taykey | www.taykey.com

Re: map-reduce on a none closed files

Posted by Niv Mizrahi <ni...@taykey.com>.
hi harsh,

yes thank you, we are using sync() API, and still unable to read unclosed
files in mapreduce.
we are able to cat non-closed files, was it possible if we haven't use sync
API() call?

have anybody tried ruing a M/R on a non-closed files ?
are we missing something ?

10x
Niv

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.