Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Vladi Feigin <vl...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/23 13:50:50 UTC

nimbus moves workers to other supervisor/node

Hi All,

We observe that storm (nimbus) often moves workers to other
supervisors/nodes.
It' happens when the storm cluster is in good shape. We suspect it's
related to the heartbeats delays from supervisors to nimbus. Can be ? How
can we check,prove/disprove it?
I think it's better to avoid this since it's expensive operation ..

Thank you in advance,
Vladi

Re: nimbus moves workers to other supervisor/node

Posted by Palak Shah <sp...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I had faced the same problem.. In my case, the workers were not able to
send heartbeats because of long pauses due to garbage collection.

I configured storm workers to use a concurrent mark sweep GC and now it
works fine

Hope this helps
-Palak