Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/04/12 10:35:52 UTC

[Jakarta-httpclient Wiki] Update of "HttpComponentsActionPlan" by OlegKalnichevski

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta-httpclient Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by OlegKalnichevski:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/HttpComponentsActionPlan

  == The following steps are to be performed: ==

-  1. Migrate SVN ('''DONE''')
+  1. Migrate SVN ('''DONE''').
+  1. Create new web site with the link to the existing Jakarta Commons HttpClient site ('''DONE''').
+  1. Migrate Bugzilla. Revisit the decision on migration to Jira at that point ('''DONE'''). Gradual migration to Jira planned.
+  1. Decision on release strategy ('''DONE'''). Separate release cycle per module.
   1. Create new project logo. Volunteers wanted
-  1. Create new web site with the link to the existing Jakarta Commons HttpClient site
   1. Decision on the dev and user list migration.
-  1. Migrate Bugzilla. Revisit the decision on migration to Jira at that point.
   1. Migrate this Wiki
   1. Communicate change to users
      1. Redirect old site to new site
      2. Send email to announce, httpclient-user etc.
      3. Publish news (preferably to Slashdot :-), TheServerSide ? )
-  1. Decision on release strategy
   1. First public ALPHA release of Jakarta HttpComponents HttpCore

- == Mail list migration ==
-
- Previous migration mail list migration was quite disruptive. We should probably consider keeping httpclient-user list and only migrating httpclient-dev
-
- == Bugzilla migration ==
-
- The migration from Jakarta Commons to Jakarta HttpClient in Bugzilla was a nightmare. It took 5 months and an unpleasant squabble with some high ranking infrastructure folks. We should seriously consider moving to Jira at that point. Jira is believed to be more flexible with regards to the project management
-
- == Release strategy ==
-
- HttpComponents are modularized and decoupled. We are planning to keep interdependencies as well as external dependencies to the minimum. Presently several modules are planned: HttpCore, HttpNIO, HttpAsync, NttpCookie, HttpAuth, HttpConn, HttpClient, RobotParser. At the same time do we want to be releasing half a dozen of packages, one per SVN module? Do we want to have a separate release cycle per SVN module?
-