Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matias Lopez Bergero <ml...@udesa.edu.ar> on 2004/11/18 22:13:16 UTC

spamd process using to much cpu

Hello,

I'm running spamassassin 3.0.1 on linux 2.4, using milter-spamc to talk
with sendmail milter.

I'm seeing a heavy cpu usage in some process of spamd for a long time
and sometimes they just hang there until I kill them(usage goes from 80%
to 97%).
Also my system is reporting a high iowait load and a high disk usage
that stops if a shutdown spammassassin processes.

This is normal?
Anyone with the same problem??

I'm running spamassassin with this flags: -d -c -m5 -H -D

Any comments/ideas will be most welcome.

BR,
Matías.

Re: spamd process using to much cpu

Posted by Matias Lopez Bergero <ml...@udesa.edu.ar>.
problem solved.
the thing was the LANG variable, it as set to en_US.UTF-8, I set to
en_US and that was the end of the problem. :-X

RB,
Matías

ps. it is still geting to much spam trought, where should i read to
solve this??

Posted by Matías López Bergero <ml...@udesa.edu.ar>.
Hello Matt,

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 04:13 PM 11/18/2004, Matias Lopez Bergero wrote:
>I'm seeing a heavy cpu usage in some process of spamd for a long time and
>sometimes they just hang there until I kill them(usage goes from 80% to 97%).
>Also my system is reporting a high iowait load and a high disk usage that
>stops if a shutdown spammassassin processes.
>
>This is normal?
>Anyone with the same problem??

Define "for a long time"... Minutes? Hours?

 From the sounds of it, it looks like SA is doing an opportunistic expiry