Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by "Chuck H. Zhao" <ch...@usa.net> on 2001/04/09 22:23:59 UTC

Suggestion: default to new InitialContext() in EJB provider classes

In certain J2EE servers (e.g. Weblogic) an initial context can be created
in the server JVM by calling new InitialContext() with no parameter or with
an empty Properties object as parameter.  I would suggest to use this as
the default way of getting initial context in EJB provider classes
(org.apache.soap.providers.StatelessEJBProvider etc).  The advantage is
that when I run the soap server inside the J2EE server, I do not need to
specify the context factory and provider url in the deployment descriptor,
so I do not need to modify the deployment descriptor when I change the
server port or even change the J2EE server.

Chuck Zhao