Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2011/07/14 20:16:30 UTC

Avro connector

HBASE-2400 introduced a new connector contrib architecturally equivalent to the Thrift connector, but using Avro serialization and associated transport and RPC server work. However, it remains unfinished, was developed against an old version of Avro, is currently not maintained, and is regarded as "not production quality" (see: http://www.quora.com/What-is-the-current-status-for-using-Avro-with-HBase). Therefore I propose:

If a contributor steps up, then this person should bring the Avro connector up to par with the Thrift connector.

Otherwise, we should deprecate and remove the Avro connector.

Best regards,

    - Andy

Re: Avro connector

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

St.Ack

Re: Avro connector

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

Re: Avro connector

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
Someone, but not necessarily the original contributor, should step up and
maintain. Ideally someone who is also using it :)

This could be a good chance to get on the good sides of everyone!

Re: Avro connector

Posted by Doug Meil <do...@explorysmedical.com>.
+1

Re: Avro connector