Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Gary Lawrence Murphy <ga...@canada.com> on 2003/01/23 22:02:26 UTC

Strange MSIE error: Specify URL to obtain cache entry

We are getting a very strange error from one of our users (on windows)
that I can't duplicate using Mozilla ... has anyone else experienced
this message?

>     R> The images work perfectly, but the front page is still
>     R> displaying an error..  "Error retrieving Portal Page: You must
>     R> specify a URL to obtain an entry from the cache"

I've had several emails with them to ask if they are doing anything
particular, but they insist they are just going in through the
main URL; I've seen errors when I let a session timeout and then
click on some tab icon (probably because the portlets themselves
where originally authorized for public use, so they click is legal
but perhaps a no-anon auth on the same tab conflicts with them. For
this one, though, it's occuring when he's just come up to the
page (demo.sentrycorp.ca)

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy - garym@teledyn.com - TeleDynamics Communications
   - blog: http://www.teledyn.com/mt/ - biz: http://teledyn.com/ -