Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Thomas Mueller <mu...@adobe.com.INVALID> on 2017/12/06 09:39:12 UTC

Re: Consider making Oak 1.8 an Oak 2.0

I vote for 1.8. I don't see any big changes that would justify version 2.0. The modularization (moving code around) is an ongoing process, I don't think this is "fixed", and shouldn't have a big impact on users.

Re: Consider making Oak 1.8 an Oak 2.0

Posted by Andrei Dulceanu <an...@gmail.com>.
On 2017-12-06 10:39, Thomas Mueller wrote:

> I vote for 1.8. I don't see any big changes that would justify version
> 2.0. The modularization (moving code around) is an ongoing process, I don't
> think this is "fixed", and shouldn't have a big impact on users.

+1

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
On 06/12/17 10:39, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> I vote for 1.8. I don't see any big changes that would justify
> version 2.0. The modularization (moving code around) is an ongoing
> process, I don't think this is "fixed", and shouldn't have a big
> impact on users.

+1

Regards
  Marcel

Re: Consider making Oak 1.8 an Oak 2.0

Posted by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org>.

On 06/12/2017 09:41, Torgeir Veimo wrote:
> Upgrading lucene to version 6 would probably warrant using 2.0, but that's
> not ready yet for 1.8?

Yes that would IMO justify a major version change as it will probably
impact considerably an upgrade/update process.

D.

Re: Consider making Oak 1.8 an Oak 2.0

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Thomas Mueller <mu...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

> Upgrading lucene to version 6 would probably warrant using 2.0, but that's not ready yet for 1.8?

No, it's not yet ready for 1.8.

Regards,
Thomas

Re: Consider making Oak 1.8 an Oak 2.0