Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by David Waite <dw...@jabber.com> on 2001/05/25 08:17:45 UTC

PS/EPS/PDF to SVG

I was wondering if anyone knows of an existing open-source project to
convert what I'll call the "Adobe Formats" to SVG.  I'm trying to do
some work with Docbook-xml and Fop, but it looks like images either have
to be rasterized (yuck) or be in SVG.

If there isn't anything currently out there to do this, does anyone know
what amount of work it would be to do for someone like myself to write a
postscript->svg converter?
Perhaps for someone who is unfamiliar with Batik, Postscript and
SVG? ;-)

[not on list, please cc me on replies]

-David Waite

Re: PS/EPS/PDF to SVG

Posted by David Waite <dw...@jabber.com>.
I may have a Java 2D postscript renderer somewhere which I found online.. I
will look at this (it would be a heck of a lot easier than learning 900+
pages of postscript and 500+ pages of SVG).

Assuming the postscript rendered exists and the license plays nice, I might
be able to get something done soon :-)

-David Waite

P.S. I used the Together application to generate a WMF file, but it would not
convert correctly. I believe this was before Batik 1.0 was released, so I
will try again.  If it still does not work, where should bug reports
(probably with the WMF) be sent?

Re: PS/EPS/PDF to SVG

Posted by Vincent Hardy <vh...@eng.sun.com>.
David,