Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Yuanbo Liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/25 06:07:12 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache TubeMQ (Incubating) 0.8.0-incubating RC1

Hello Incubator Community,

    This is a call for a vote to release Apache TubeMQ (Incubating) version
    0.8.0-incubating RC1

    The Apache TubeMQ community has voted on and approved a proposal to
release
    Apache TubeMQ (Incubating) version 0.8.0-incubating RC1

    We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
    incubator release.

    TubeMQ community vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rdcc11fe155943edf04282eeb0a348f1653c3191f4574253716e70699%40%3Cdev.tubemq.apache.org%3E

    Vote result thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rfdfb04838d503772d0cceaddd1477e76f8d53f7f9678c65eae8c7166%40%3Cdev.tubemq.apache.org%3E

    The release candidate:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/tubemq/0.8.0-incubating-RC1/

    Git tag for the release:
    • https://github.com/apache/incubator-tubemq/tree/0.8.0-incubating-RC1

    Release notes:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-tubemq/releases/tag/0.8.0-incubating-RC1

    The artifacts signed with PGP key E8754243E7B3E044, corresponding to
yuanbo@apache.org, that can be found in keys file:
    • https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/tubemq/KEYS

    The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until a necessary number
of votes are reached.

    Please vote accordingly:

    [ ] +1 approve
    [ ] +0 no opinion
    [ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
On behalf of Apache TubeMQ (Incubating) community

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TubeMQ (Incubating) 0.8.0-incubating RC1

Posted by Yuanbo Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Justin
 Thanks for your check, we will go through your comments and create jira
correspondingly.

Posted by Goson zhang <go...@apache.org>.

Posted by Goson zhang <go...@apache.org>.
Hi all:

We have made revisions one by one according to the issues pointed out by
Justin (see : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUBEMQ-543). If anyone
have any questions,  please continue to point out, Thanks!

After all PRs are merged, we will initiate a new round of version release
and vote.

Thanks Justin again!!

Goson zhang <go...@apache.org> 于2021年1月28日周四 下午8:05写道:

Posted by Goson zhang <go...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin:

Posted by Goson zhang <go...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin:

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Goson zhang <go...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

Regarding the point 3, I have questions:

1. If the referenced file source has the original version statement, we
should keep it as it is and cannot replace it with the Apache v2 statement?

2. If the referenced file source does not have a version statement, but the
project of the file has a version statement, do we copy the license
statement of the project to the file header?

3. Do we still need to indicate which project the source of the document
comes from?
    such as[9]:

>   /**
>   * Utility for .ini configure file loading.
>   * Copied from <a href="https://github.com/killme2008/Metamorphosis">Metamorphosis
> Project</a>
>   */

9. Is this declaration in the

Goson zhang <go...@apache.org> 于2021年1月28日周四 上午11:19写道:

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> 1. Is it necessary to remove the description of part B in the above screenshot?

I can’t see teh screen shot so not sure what you are asking here sorry.

> 2. If the file source itself does not have a LICENSE authorization statement, but the top level of the project is Apache V2 or other authorization agreements, should we add the corresponding authorization statement in the header of this file?

I wold leave the file as it is, 3rd party files shouldn't have ASF headers on them.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TubeMQ (Incubating) 0.8.0-incubating RC1

Posted by Goson zhang <go...@apache.org>.
[image: image.png]

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

-1 (binding) due to license and notice issues and possible inclusion of Category X software

It unclear to me if the berkeleydb-je licensing issue has been resolved. I can’t find any discussion of it on your mailing list. Can someone tell me what the outcome of this was?