Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/23 20:53:07 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Mina SSHD 0.9.0

I'm starting a vote to release the 0.9.0 version of SSHD.

Release notes are at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310849&version=12323301
Staging repository is at:
   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-009/
Distributions are available at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-009/org/apache/sshd/apache-sshd/0.9.0/
Tag is available at

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mina-sshd.git;a=tree;hb=79c9b1473062c5067cc02cbe9cd9d5f14173ade4

Please review and vote.

Cheers,
Guillaume

--
-----------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Email: gnodet@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mina SSHD 0.9.0

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:23 AM, Guillaume Nodet
<gn...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm starting a vote to release the 0.9.0 version of SSHD.
>
> Release notes are at:
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310849&version=12323301
> Staging repository is at:
>    https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-009/
> Distributions are available at:
>

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-009/org/apache/sshd/apache-sshd/0.9.0/
> Tag is available at
>

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mina-sshd.git;a=tree;hb=79c9b1473062c5067cc02cbe9cd9d5f14173ade4

> Please review and vote.
>
> Cheers,
> Guillaume
>

> --
> -----------------------
> Guillaume Nodet
> ------------------------
> Red Hat, Open Source Integration
>
> Email: gnodet@redhat.com
> Web: http://fusesource.com
> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mina SSHD 0.9.0

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
2013/7/26 sebb <se...@gmail.com>

> On 26 July 2013 13:02, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SSHD-181
> > If that sounds a problem to keep them in scm, I'd rather remove those, as
> > they're really just there for reference and I can update those with
> pointers
> > in the main readme or something similar.
>
> That would be better.
> It's not a good idea to keep copies of 3rd party documents.
> They might change.
>
> > Given, they're not part of the release, I don't think it's an issue, but
> > can remove
> > them and recut if you think it is.
>
> If they are not needed to build, test or run the application, and the
> local files are not referenced from any READMEs etc then that is not a
> blocker.

They're not.

> But they should be removed from SCM before the next release.

Done.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
http://nathanhoad.net/how-to-delete-a-remote-git-tag

That should do the trick.

Posted by Edouard De Oliveira <do...@yahoo.fr>.

first remove tag locally :

git tag -d 0.9.0

then do :

git push origin :0.9.0

Cordialement, Regards,
-Edouard De Oliveira-

________________________________
 De : Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>
À : dev@mina.apache.org
Envoyé le : Vendredi 26 juillet 2013 9h08
Objet : Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mina SSHD 0.9.0

--
-----------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
-----------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 23 July 2013 19:53, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm starting a vote to release the 0.9.0 version of SSHD.
>
> Release notes are at:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310849&version=12323301
> Staging repository is at:
>    https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-009/
> Distributions are available at:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-009/org/apache/sshd/apache-sshd/0.9.0/

The binary archive NOTICE file starts:

Apache MINA SSHD
Copyright 2008-2012 The Apache Software Foundation

This product includes software developed by
<<<
2012 should probably be updated to 2013.

"developed by" MUST be changed to "developed at"

The same problems exist in the source NOTICE file.

Also, I'm not sure that the binary NOTICE file needs to contain
references to slf4j or BouncyCastle
See:
http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#mod-notice

> Tag is available at
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mina-sshd.git;a=tree;hb=79c9b1473062c5067cc02cbe9cd9d5f14173ade4

The tag contains:

sshd-core/src/docs

However the files are not present in the source release archives:

apache-sshd-0.9.0-src.zip|tar.gz

That seems wrong.

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Tested build kit on Mac OSX 10.7.5 w/ JDK 7
Tested signatures script as well, all passed.

Cheers,
Jamie

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@gmail.com>.
+1