Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Phil Thompson <ph...@electricvisions.com> on 2004/02/22 14:07:33 UTC

Is it possible to rollback to an old revision

Hi there,

I'm using Subversion 0.37.0 win32 binary
and TortoiseSVN 0.26.0.

Say I have 2 revisions.

Revision 1 - my initial import
Revision 2 - Changed and added some files

Then I decide it's not going the way I want so I want to rollback to the
initial import. How do I do it.

It seems as though I can update to revision 1 but this doesn't move the
HEAD to revision 1 so subsequent updates revert back to Revision 2.

Any ideas how I can make the update to revision a permantent change?

Thanks,
Phil Thompson

Re: Is it possible to rollback to an old revision

Posted by Tobias Ringström <to...@ringstrom.mine.nu>.
Phil Thompson wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm using Subversion 0.37.0 win32 binary
> and TortoiseSVN 0.26.0.
>
> Say I have 2 revisions.
>
> Revision 1 - my initial import
> Revision 2 - Changed and added some files
>
> Then I decide it's not going the way I want so I want to rollback to the
> initial import. How do I do it.

See http://svnbook.red-bean.com/html-chunk/ch04s04.html#svn-ch-4-sect-4.2

/Tobias

Re: Is it possible to rollback to an old revision

Posted by Phil Thompson <ph...@electricvisions.com>.
Thanks guys,

I couldn't find it in the book. I guess I wasn't sure what I was looking
for which is always the problem when one is trying to find something!

Thanks again.

Phil

Posted by John Szakmeister <jo...@szakmeister.net>.