Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by twofers <tw...@yahoo.com> on 2006/11/11 15:20:42 UTC

user_prefs

I have searched for several hours and can't seem to find the answer to this. I've found close answers, but not complete.

  I have SA set up as individual users. When a new user is created SA creates a new user_prefs file for them. This file contains two prefs. required_score 7 and rewrite_header subject ****SPAM****.

  I am trying to find out if I can change some prefs so that the new user_prefs file will contain my prefs when it is newly created.

  I have changed prefs in user_prefs.template and that didn't make any difference. I assume this template is supposed to be used by SA to create the new user_prefs, but it doesn't seem so.

  Where can I add my own prefs so the newly created defualt user_prefs file is loaded with what I want?

  Thanks.

  - /etc/mail/spamassassin/user_prefs.template:

        Default user preferences, for system admins to create, modify, and
        set defaults for users' preferences files.  Takes precedence over
        the above prefs file, if it exists.

        Do not put system-wide settings in here; put them in a file in the
        "/etc/mail/spamassassin" directory ending in ".cf". This file is
        just a template, which will be copied to a user's home directory
        for them to change.

- $USER_HOME/.spamassassin/user_prefs:

        User preferences file.  If it does not exist, one of the
        default prefs file from above will be copied here for the
        user to edit later, if they wish.

        Unless you're using spamd, there is no difference in
        interpretation between the rules file and the preferences file, so
        users can add new rules for their own use in the
        "~/.spamassassin/user_prefs" file, if they like.  (spamd disables
        this for security and increased speed.)