Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by davout <da...@dsl.pipex.com> on 2003/11/12 21:32:14 UTC

Newbie - client API examples?

I'm trying to get a handle on how to use the Slide Java client API and can't
find any examples or a tutorial.

For instance... how would I ...
* Connect to a slide server
* Create a new folder tree
* upload a WORD doc to a folder location
* download content from a folder location
* navigate the folder tree to find all available content

If somebody can point me in the right direction I'll gladly prepare a doc
that summarizes this info and offer it for publication on the Slide site

TIA

	.... davout

Re: Newbie - client API examples?

Posted by "K.C. Baltz" <kc...@lollimail.com>.
Check out the Slide Client code included in Slide 1.0.16.  Specifically,
look in src/webdav/client/src  and pay special attention to the
*Method.java classes as these perform the basic WebDAV procedures.

K.C.

Posted by Ingo Brunberg <ib...@fiz-chemie.de>.
Download a recent nightly build or fetch the current code from CVS.
Please don't use Slide 1.0.16!!!
Working with the client API is pretty straightforward. Surround the
following statements with the required try-catch block and you will
get a first impression what is possible.

Regards,
Ingo

WebdavResource resource = new WebdavResource("http://user:password@localhost:8080/slide");
> * Create a new folder tree
resource.mkcolMethod("/slide/files/newfolder");
> * upload a WORD doc to a folder location
resource.putMethod("/slide/files/newfolder/sample.doc", new File("sample.doc"));
> * download content from a folder location
resource.getMethod("/slide/files/newfolder/sample.doc", new File("local.doc"));
> * navigate the folder tree to find all available content
WebdavResource[] children = resource.listWebdavResources();

Posted by Martin Dulisch <md...@s-und-n.de>.
Have a look at the source code of the command line client. It
uses WebDavResource. You can find it here:
src\webdav\client\src\org\apache\webdav\cmd\Client.java

Martin